Want to edit videos and create engaging content? Choosing videos and their editing is no longer a long, complicated process. Most brands have jumped into the bandwagon of video marketing to create higher conversion and engagement. However, a significant percentage of marketers are reluctant is creating videos as it is perceived as hard and demanding technical skills. Creating videos has never been so easy with easy-to-use and advanced video editors. The editors are compatible majorly on both Windows and Mac and simplify the editing process. Here are the top 10 video editors backed with intelligent in-built tools.
This online professional video editor is compatible with both Mac and Windows. The tool is perfect for small businesses, publishers, agencies, and content creators. InVideo is an intuitive and intelligent editor that enables you to create professional-grade videos. You can use templates for creating videos or customize a video from scratch.
- Easy to use and intelligent UI/UX interface
- Beginner-friendly with over 5000+ customizable video templates
- 12M+ royalty-free stock images and videos
- In-built tools like video stabilization, speed adjustment, split/merge etc.
- Automated text to speech
Blender is an online video editor compatible with Mac and Windows. The free editing software is an open-source program perfect for creating professional-quality videos. The editing tool allows complex programs like splicing, video cuts, and masking. It is perfect for beginners, but many features are catered for advanced users.
- Adjustments like speed control, keyframes, filters, transitions etc.
- Live preview, chroma vector scope, and histogram displays
- The editing software offers 32 slots for adding videos, images, effects, and audio
FlexClip is perfect for creating all types of video ads, presentations, and branded video content. It has outstanding pre-made customizable templates for creating videos for different purposes. It is best suited for businesses, entrepreneurs, and social media marketers. Flexclip helps create an engaging video with dynamic widgets, layouts, motion text, and overlays. It does not require any prior experience.
- Easy-to-use interface for creating professional-grade videos
- Unlimited access to 4M+ royalty-free music and media of stock photos and videos
Shotcut is an online video editor compatible with Windows and Mac. It is a free editing software and fully open-source program with access to dozens of features. Shotcut is also compatible with the Linux platform.
- The video editor supports 4K HD resolution support
- Supports native timeline editing without importing video into the editor
- Supports 1080p videos at 60 frames per second
- Edit and customize the video as per the requirement
Magisto is one of the easiest-to-use interfaces and is backed by AI technology. It is compatible with Mac and Windows, and the editor has built-in tools for customizing the videos without investing in many technical skills. Magisto is perfect for marketers, content creators, and brands.
- Customizable pre-designed templates
- 3+ million HD stock images, videos, and commercially licensed music
- Ready-to-use palettes, trendy fonts, and cool transitions
- Back by AI technology for integrating user-friendly suggestions
- Supports HD video downloads
6. DaVinci Resolve
The advanced video editor has an intuitive interface and is compatible with Mac and Windows. It has advanced features and requires a little technical understanding to edit the videos. It supports various features, including video slicing, trimming, and mastering colour correction. Add 2D and 3D titles to make the video more impactful and engaging.
- The free version of the software supports the advanced level of video editing
- Intuitive interface for professional and advanced levels of editing
- Support outstanding colour correction
- Advance trimming supports Multicam editing and audio mastering
The video editing tool is easy and does not require a learning curve. It is perfect for creating quirky and creative animated videos, product reviews, testimonials, tutorial videos and videos for social media. The interface is easy to navigate and perfect for use even by people without any prior editing experience.
- Customizable pre-designed templates
- 1M+ stock photos and videos from the royalty-free library
- 3000+ copyright-free audio tracks
- Unlimited video download
- Support 720p SD and 1080p HD video exports
The editing software is compatible with Windows, Mac, and even Linux. It is an open-source editing tool with an easy drag and drop interface. It has intelligent features and built-in tools for unlimited editing and audio mixing. The editing tool is perfect for adding interesting transitions, customizing the colours, and showing a real-time preview of the videos.
- Supports several features like clip resizing, rotation, trimming, cutting video transitions, snapping, and real-time previews.
- Unlimited layers/tracks and image overlays
- Advance timeline backed by drag and drop interface
- Supports scrolling, panning, snapping, and zooming
9. HitFilm Express
The video editing tool is compatible with both Windows and Mac. It is a free 360 video editing software with some of the best features. It requires a little technical knowledge and has a certain level of the learning curve. However, the basic editor supports functions like splicing, audio editing, trimming etc. Tutorials back the editing software to help editors learn.
- The free version includes 180+ special effects and tutorials
- Advance cutting tools for special transitions
- Lock layers and tracks to protect the edited content from change
- Green screen effects
- Composite shot enhancements
- Intelligent search with the help of keyword
Lightworks is another free editing software compatible with Mac and Windows. It is a powerful video editor packed with amazing features to help create incredible, high-quality videos. The editing software is perfect for advanced levels of editing and is used by Hollywood to famous YouTubers.
- Supports high-resolution MP4 export
- Supports high-resolution timeline rendering
- Precision video trimming
- Advance and pre-built customizable templates
- Advanced motion graphics and titling
- Supports 4K resolution for a wide range of video formats
Editing is no longer a time-consuming and complicated job. The plethora of video editors with customizable templates and in-built editing tools backed by AI technology has made editing videos easy and convenient. If you have a Mac or Windows system, the above 10 video editors are an excellent choice to start editing and learning about video editing.